BBC Church Family,

Unfortunately the madness has not yet subsided. I have waited as long as I could to make this decision. However, I am at a point where a decision must be made. After consulting with all three deacons we have unanimously decided to postpone services till April 5th.

We have decided to make this decision with three criteria in mind.
1. The spiritual well being of BBC.
2. The ethical and physical ramifications of whatever decision we make.
3. The long term impact of holding services vs deciding to comply with government recommendations for all Americans.

We have all 4 concurred that there are to many unknowns, regarding the virus and whether or not its even a threat, to take the chance. If only one of our members suffered severe ramifications from the virus, due to underlying health issues, I do not think I could ever forgive myself for not trusting the authorities or following their recommendations.

Romans 13:1-5 (Please read.)

It also must be taken into consideration that all of our fellow Americans are also being asked to comply, even to the point of missing work and shuttering businesses which they require for their very lively hood, and they are doing so at great personal sacrifice. As a result it could greatly harm our testimony in the community if we selfishly press forward with meeting. Let’s not forget that, whether its warranted or not, people are believing everything they hear and are very fearful at this time.

In case your wondering, I do have plans in the works for the case in which this continues past April 5th. I am as fully committed to BBC as I ever have been and HATE making this decision!! I will keep you posted as we move forward. Should this insanity continue, I (we) will roll out some very creative and well organized options to stay connected as a local church and be able to do what God has called me to do.

Finally, for your spiritual edification, over the next couple weeks I will send out, via text, some sermons I recommend we all listen too. I will be keeping you and our local church in prayer and appreciate your prayers for me as well. I am working ahead to write sermons (already have 3.5 done) so that when we meet again I will be READY TO ROLL!! I believe we will all see God do some amazing things when this subsides!! I am very excited for the future of BBC! …”be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” Eph 6:10 -remember- …”God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7

Feel free to call anytime,
Your Pastor,
Mike Ragan
Cell # 734 347 1983